Saturday, June 23, 2012

Top 10 Favorite Things About New Unova

As we know, Black 2 and White 2 will have plenty of new features. Since it was released today in Japan, I feel like it should be time to say my 10 favorite things that will happen in the new games in no order.

10. More Areas

If anyone else has played Black and White, many of us would agree that Unova was nothing more than a large oval, but we now know that there will be plenty of new areas to explore in Black 2 and White 2. Finally found a good map with only Black 2 and White 2 locations thanks to Bulbapedia.

Old map
New map













Looking at them, the map to the left has a lot more to explore compared to the original. Many new areas include Aspertia City, Virbank City, a new cave that is made of magma in one version and just a cold wet cave in the other and may more to know.

9. New Leaders

New leaders are to be in the game. I expected there to be many, but there are only going to be three. The last five are all from Black and White. Still new challenges, so game is still refreshed.

8. World Tournament

This is a new feature where tournament is held consisting of past gym leaders which you get to battle. It feels to me like a good replacement to the Battleground in Platinum. Supposedly, Gym leaders will be downloaded to the game when they are released.

7. Pokemon Dream Radar

The Dream Radar is the upcoming app for the 3DS that allows you to catch pokemon and transfer them to your copy of Black 2 or White 2. It is unique because it is 3DS exclusive, giving 3DS users something to be proud of. I can't wait to download it and try it.

6. Frozen Unova

When I saw the frozen map, I thought it just covering up things that Game Freak was hiding. Apparently the region is frozen in certain parts according to pre-released pictures. Since all technical difficulties have been eliminated, I can finally put up this frozen picture and I will try to find more in the future.

5. Continuing Story

In Black and White, many answers were untold, like where N went, who is the Shadow Triad, what happens to the Sages after they are arrested, what is the complete backstory of the two women in N's Castle, and many more. According to what I see, many of these questions will be answered.

4. Exclusive Pokemon

The three pokemon, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect were known before Black and White were released, but were never revealed. According to Game Freak, Black 2 and White 2 will be the right time for these pokemon to come around.

3. Pokewood

Pokewood is a new movie theater in which you can help make movies. To me, it sounds like a fairly good alternative for Musicals, which get fairly boring after a while. While I am not sure how it will 100% work, I'm sure it will be great.

2. Black and White Kyurem

Kyurem's new forms are very exciting for me since they are the new mascots. They are always welcome in my book. Also, they are rather interesting to see and make me wonder what is going to happen.

1. Expanded Pokedex

To me, an expanded pokedex is always welcome. Compared to before, the pokedex will have 300 pokemon, consisting of pokemon from previous generations. Some pokemon I wanted made it in, some did not, either way, I'm happy that more older pokemon are going to have another appearance (but Zubat?!).


And these are why I can't wait for Black 2 and White 2 (but seriously, Zubat??!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment